Changing the Blade on a K770
The Husqvarna K770 is fast becoming the new standard for petrol powered disc cutters. In this article we will show you how to change the blade on a K770 within a minute.
As with all Husqvarna cutters, the K770 comes with a multitool that attaches to the top of the machine. This multifunctional tool features a double-sided socket spanner and then the handle doubles as a torque wrench which can be used to access the starter assembly.
In the video below, our technician demonstrates how easy and quick it is to remove an existing blade and replace it with a new one. As Husqvarna disc cutters are versatile and there is a range of blades to suit any cutting material, you can switch blades very easily when you need to cut something different.
1. Remove the multitool from its housing near the handle
2. Loosen the nut on the blade shaft
3. Unfasten the bolt by hand and remove the blade collar/flange.
4. Carefully remove the old blade from the machine
5. Replace with a correspondingly-sized diamond blade
6. Replace the blade collar and nut
7. Tighten the nut and ensure the blade is secure whilst still able to spin
8. Replace the multitool in its holder and get back to work!
The K770 is mostly used for cutting bricks and blocks but is also adept at cutting through concrete and asphalt. Evolving from the hugely popular K760, the K770 disc cutter is fast becoming the number one handheld saw on the market. And we’re not just taking about the UK, they are trusted by construction professionals worldwide.
If you need a 12" or 14" K770 you can buy from Red Band with free UK delivery.